How you can get involved and have your say - our commitment to you.
The Joint Committee wants the people of West Yorkshire and Harrogate to be involved in the decisions that it makes. People are welcome to attend Committee meetings held in public and to ask questions beforehand. All of our meetings will be 'live streamed' on the internet.
For our meetings in public, we make these commitments to you:
- We will publish agenda papers on our website, five working days before the meeting.
- Paper copies of the agenda will be available at each meeting.
- We will allow 10 minutes before the start of each meeting for you to make a statement or ask a question about items on that day's agenda - this is our 'Open Forum'.
- We will invite written questions on the items on our agenda. You should submit these questions at least 48 hours before the meeting. You can do this by submitting a question via the contact form Questions submitted less than 48 hours before the meeting will not be considered at the meeting.
- If time permits, we will answer written questions as part of the relevant agenda item. If we run out of time, we will agree with you how you would like your question to be answered.
- We will also post your question and our answer on our website.
- Please only ask a question or make a statement relating to the item on the agenda. Please be brief so that as many people as possible can participate.
- Before asking a question, please state your name (and, if relevant, who you are representing).
- Please only submit written questions which relate to items on the agenda. Please use the contact form on our website.
- Please recognise that we can only provide answers to questions during the meeting if time permits.